Sunday, March 6, 2011

Marilyn Monroe . . . Suicide Blonde?





Marilyn Monroe's story reads like a best selling novel complete with the glamour of Hollywood, romantic ties to sports figures, leading men and politicians . . . and one of the greatest controversial mysteries of our time.

video

I created this video as a tribute to Marilyn


Playboy's first centerfold died at the age of 36 on August 5, 1962 . . . the reported cause of death is an overdose of sleeping pills, but to this day, her death remains a mystery with the controversial rumors that she was murdered.


Did she commit suicide, was she murdered because of her involvement with the Kennedy family . . . or was it accidental death?

Was Marilyn Monroe a suicide blonde?

What do you think?




Candle in the Wind
Written by Elton John/Bernie Taupin
in memory of Marilyn Monroe

Lyrics


Goodbye Norma Jean

Though I never knew you at all
You had the grace to hold yourself
While those around you crawled
They crawled out of the woodwork
And they whispered into your brain
They set you on the treadmill
And they made you change your name
chorus

And it seems to me you lived your life

Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing who to cling to
When the rain set in
And I would have liked to have known you
But I was just a kid
Your candle burned out long before
Your legend ever did

Loneliness was tough

The toughest role you ever played
Hollywood created a superstar
And pain was the price you paid
Even when you died
Oh the press still hounded you
All the papers had to say
Was that Marilyn was found in the nude
[repeat chorus]

Goodbye Norma Jean

Though I never knew you at all
You had the grace to hold yourself
While those around you crawled
Goodbye Norma Jean
From the young man in the 22nd row
Who sees you as something more than sexual
More than just our Marilyn Monroe



Share your memories of Marilyn Monroe . . . 
her life, her loves, her movies . . . and the controversy surrounding her death.











9 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I got the news that Marilyn was dead. I was age 12 and my parents were taking me to see my older brother's brand new house for the first time. The news came on the car radio as we pulled into his driveway. My appreciation of Marilyn has deepened in recent years. I think she was much more intelligent and talented than many people realize. I consider Marilyn most beautiful and exciting in the years prior to 1952 when she became the iconic blonde sex goddess.

Out of My Mind said...

Never really thought much about her. She was one of those that Hollywood used, abused and was failing fast. She was a troubled woman with a sad past.
I mostly felt sorry for her. We will never know the truth about her death. Things like that are so MANAGED that the mystery will remain just that, a mystery. kt

blueviolet said...

I don't think I really want to know the truth. But it is a great loss.

Don E. Chute said...

Babyboomer--

OLD PaPa Kennedy had it done to protect his Son JFK and we all know what happened to him:>/

PLU

Monica said...

A sad story with a sadder ending.
I'm participating in the “It’s Almost Friday” hop and I’m now the newest follower of your great site. Hope you have a chance to check out my blog, have a look around and maybe follow me back!!
Monica
http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

Barbara L said...

I didn't really pay much attention to MM until the day she died. That day I was in the car with my Dad and my brother and it came on the radio that she was dead. My Dad just turned the radio off and looked stunned. After that, of course, it was on the news for days. Then eventually I saw some of her movies. I don't think it was suicide.

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

My mom loved reading anything "biographical" about famous women and I remember her reading a book about Marilyn - with a lot of focus on her death. I don't remember who wrote it but she told me that in the book it told that her autopsy reported (not going into graphic details here) that there were indications she received a cyanide suppository - and Don's right - Papa Kennedy would do anything to protect his boy. Marilyn was in love with him and wanted a more permanent relationship.

Fishlover said...

Great video! Yeah everybody here in the PI thinks she got overdose,even though I don't remember her,because I was not born yet when she died, but I think shes a great loss at least in the showbiz industry.

Fishlover

Fishlover said...

Oh and I love the background music in it, Is it INXS?

Labels

1950s (2) 1960's (2) 1960s (4) 1970s (3) 1980s (3) 50s (1) 70's (2) aging (2) Alyssa Milano (1) American Bandstand (1) Anna Magnani (1) Annette Funicello (1) atari games (1) baby boomers (1) Back to the Future (1) beach movies (1) bicycles (2) bill murray (1) Board Game (1) board games (1) boomers (1) Burt Lancaster (1) cartoon (1) catinthehat (1) cheech and chong (1) chevy chase (1) christmas (3) Christmas ornaments (1) christmas tree (2) Christopher Lloyd (1) christopher-reeve (1) Clara Peller (1) comedy (1) commercials (2) dan ackroyd (1) Davy Jones (1) dick clark (2) Disney (1) dogs (1) Donnie and Marie Osmond (1) dr. seuss (2) drive-in movie theater (2) drug culture (1) Ed Sullivan (1) eddie van halen (1) edward scissorhands (1) Elvis movies (1) elvis presley (2) family (2) family dinner (1) Fire Marshal Bill (1) Follow That Dream (1) Fran Drescher (1) Frankie Avalon (1) freddie boom boom cannon (1) Freddie Prinze (1) free love (1) frisbee (1) funny movies (1) games (1) generations (1) George Carlin (5) gilda radner (2) green eggs and ham (1) hippie (1) holidays (1) hula hoop (1) hula hoops (1) In Living Color (1) jane curtin (1) jane-seymour (1) Jim Carrey (1) joanne woodward (1) john belushi (1) johnny depp (11) Jonathan Winters (1) Judith Light (1) Katherine Helmond (1) Kevin Costner (1) kimora lee simmons (1) King Biscuit Flower Hour (1) Kmart Blue Light Special (1) Leave It To Beaver (1) Love-Story (1) Madonna (1) Marilyn Monroe (1) Marlo Thomas (1) Michael J. Fox (1) Mickey Mouse Club (1) Midnight Special (1) Mill (1) Monkees (1) Mork and Mindy (1) Mouseketeer (1) movies (3) music (4) na-nu na-nu (1) New Years Eve (1) OfficeSpace (1) one day at a time (1) Pam Dawber (1) paris hilton (1) paul newman (1) paul revere and the raiders (1) Payday Board Game (1) pillsbury dough boy (1) political correctness (1) Rick James (1) Robin Williams (1) romantic movies (2) Ryan Seacrest (1) saturday night live (2) seinfeld (1) Shelly Long (1) silver christmas tree (1) sitcoms (2) society (1) somewhere-in-time (1) soup nazi (1) Taco Bell Dog (1) television (9) television commercial (4) Tennessee Williams (1) That Girl (1) The Beatles (1) The Bodyguard (1) The Money Pit (1) The Nanny (1) The Notebook (1) The Rose Tattoo (1) tim burton (1) Tom Hanks (1) tom petty (1) Tony Danza (1) toys (1) Up In Smoke (1) valerie bertinelli (1) van halen (1) vincent price (1) vintage postcards (1) vintage stuff (1) wedding (1) weight problems (1) Wham-O (1) where the action is (1) Whitney Houston (1) Who's The Boss (1) winona rider (1) Wolfman Jack (1)