Monday, June 20, 2011

Falling Skies


For those of you who follow me on The Crows Nest, and Cosmic Chili you know I do not blog about entertainment, much less Television Shows.  There is a reason for this.  I have very limited time to watch TV.  I reserve my television gazing time for History or Science shows.  When it comes to mini-series it will be things like a nice Ken Burns documentary, or the Hanks/Spielberg series like Band of Brothers, or from Earth to the Moon.  So what possessed me to even dedicate 2 hours of my time watching a show about fiction?  Marketing.

I am as cynical as can be when it comes to marketing ploys.  I am oblivious to most marketing attempts.  When the commercials come on my mind goes somewhere else.  In this case the marketing came out of nowhere.  For a reason I can not recall I signed up for a site called Klout. You can read more about it at the link.  They sent me an email that offered some free stuff just for saying I want the stuff.  Although they said I didn't have to do anything (which is totally true), I thought I would conduct an experiment.  I would participate as best I could with what limited time I have.  This blog is part of the participation...as well as some tweets.  It got me interested in the Movie, and TNT in general ( still regard Ted Turner as a total ass). This is what brings me to the movie.

Over the life of this series I will comment on the Movie, what I like and what I don't.  I will be upfront with you...I am not a professional movie critic.  I am, however, very good at observing those around me, and describing what I like.  Stay tuned as I give my impressions of Falling Skies.

2 comments:

EminemsRevenge said...

Whenever i see Spielberg and ALIENS i immediately think ET--but although i KNOW how the denouement is gonna play out in this mini-series--i'm LOVING it!

It's like reading Stephen King..you ALWAYS KNOW the ending even if you don't nail it EXACTLY!

Capt Black Eagle said...

I wasn't thinking ET so much...but who knows..I like trying to follow things like this..even if my guess might be wrong.

Labels

1950s (2) 1960's (2) 1960s (4) 1970s (3) 1980s (3) 50s (1) 70's (2) aging (2) Alyssa Milano (1) American Bandstand (1) Anna Magnani (1) Annette Funicello (1) atari games (1) baby boomers (1) Back to the Future (1) beach movies (1) bicycles (2) bill murray (1) Board Game (1) board games (1) boomers (1) Burt Lancaster (1) cartoon (1) catinthehat (1) cheech and chong (1) chevy chase (1) christmas (3) Christmas ornaments (1) christmas tree (2) Christopher Lloyd (1) christopher-reeve (1) Clara Peller (1) comedy (1) commercials (2) dan ackroyd (1) Davy Jones (1) dick clark (2) Disney (1) dogs (1) Donnie and Marie Osmond (1) dr. seuss (2) drive-in movie theater (2) drug culture (1) Ed Sullivan (1) eddie van halen (1) edward scissorhands (1) Elvis movies (1) elvis presley (2) family (2) family dinner (1) Fire Marshal Bill (1) Follow That Dream (1) Fran Drescher (1) Frankie Avalon (1) freddie boom boom cannon (1) Freddie Prinze (1) free love (1) frisbee (1) funny movies (1) games (1) generations (1) George Carlin (5) gilda radner (2) green eggs and ham (1) hippie (1) holidays (1) hula hoop (1) hula hoops (1) In Living Color (1) jane curtin (1) jane-seymour (1) Jim Carrey (1) joanne woodward (1) john belushi (1) johnny depp (11) Jonathan Winters (1) Judith Light (1) Katherine Helmond (1) Kevin Costner (1) kimora lee simmons (1) King Biscuit Flower Hour (1) Kmart Blue Light Special (1) Leave It To Beaver (1) Love-Story (1) Madonna (1) Marilyn Monroe (1) Marlo Thomas (1) Michael J. Fox (1) Mickey Mouse Club (1) Midnight Special (1) Mill (1) Monkees (1) Mork and Mindy (1) Mouseketeer (1) movies (3) music (4) na-nu na-nu (1) New Years Eve (1) OfficeSpace (1) one day at a time (1) Pam Dawber (1) paris hilton (1) paul newman (1) paul revere and the raiders (1) Payday Board Game (1) pillsbury dough boy (1) political correctness (1) Rick James (1) Robin Williams (1) romantic movies (2) Ryan Seacrest (1) saturday night live (2) seinfeld (1) Shelly Long (1) silver christmas tree (1) sitcoms (2) society (1) somewhere-in-time (1) soup nazi (1) Taco Bell Dog (1) television (9) television commercial (4) Tennessee Williams (1) That Girl (1) The Beatles (1) The Bodyguard (1) The Money Pit (1) The Nanny (1) The Notebook (1) The Rose Tattoo (1) tim burton (1) Tom Hanks (1) tom petty (1) Tony Danza (1) toys (1) Up In Smoke (1) valerie bertinelli (1) van halen (1) vincent price (1) vintage postcards (1) vintage stuff (1) wedding (1) weight problems (1) Wham-O (1) where the action is (1) Whitney Houston (1) Who's The Boss (1) winona rider (1) Wolfman Jack (1)